Sunday, June 12, 2011

This is Entry 208: More DC, Part 3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think this will be the last part of the Brian & Scott talk about the DC Reboot but there could be more. This the 3rd part of a conversation. Entry 206 & 207 are the first 2 parts of the conversation.

-----


Good points and yes, I see the comparisons to Heroes Reborn as well. You're right.

Thanks. You have also made good points. HR is the best example I think what what seems to be going on but we'll just have to wait & see how it turns out.

But I think it's been planned like Steven Moffat and Russell T Davies planned out Doctor Who seasons. I think DC has planned it all for a very long time. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

SIDE NOTE: Those not in the know of who Russell T Davies & Steven Moffat are. Davies is the man who brought "Doctor Who" back to television in 2005 after a sixteen year hiatus. Davies has stepped away from the production & Moffat has taken his place as the main man behind the show.

I'm not sure. I think the Moffat run of Doctor Who is a departure of what Davies what doing with the show. Moffat has said that when he came on as the head of the show that he wanted to change many of the things about the show. So I'm not sure how much Davies has a say in what happening now.

Sucky thing for me is I can only get bits and pieces. I still need to finish Brightest Day and read Flashpoint.

I did not like Brightest Day as presented in my rant that was posted as Entry 195. I'd stay away from the main series if you could, just read about what it was on online & say the money. Most of the other stuff that spun out of Blackest Night that I read was good.

Now Flashpoint is still going on (It started last month) & I'm not currently reading it since their are so many related books & I don't have the money to pick up every book. So, I'd wait, like me, until they are all collected & read it then.

I'll say one thing for DC, I'm very hooked on everything. 52 Earths, Hal and Barry back, etc. It's all fun.

In the past few years I've been reading more & more DC related stuff. Most of what I've read has been good. There has been a few clunkers along the way but that's to expected. I've now been pulling back on what DC & Marvel books I read. Partly because I've gotten a bit burnt out & partly because I just don't have as much money anymore to spend on comics.

If this is truly what they say though, a real re-start, I'll just wait it out and only get trades of collected new JLA and JLI (hey, I'll try ANY JLA.) I'll read them and wait for the next reboot.

I plan on picking up the new JLI books since I liked the book it's spinning out of Justice League: Generation Lost, one of the better things I read to come out of Brightest Day. Not sure about the new JL books, I may pick up an issue or two to see what it's about.

Will you be picking up the Justice League Dark trade when it comes out? It's the League book with many of the Magical DC characters all teamed up together. I'm not sure how I feel about. Like the main League book, I'd pick up an issue or two to see what it's about.

I could never love a DC Universe/multiverse with no JSA, but I could like certain aspects of it (JLA, Flash, GL).

I don't think think they are truly gone. DC would be stupid to ignore the JSA & other characters (Power Girl, The Marvel Family, etc.) since there are fans of those teams/characters. They could be second tier of titles which DC will mostly produce. They have released what the launch titles are but in 6, 9 months their are bound to be books that don't work & there will be production slots that need filling.

Also, they are making DC Universe Presents, an anthology book which is being billed as "a new series that will focus on multi-issue story arcs each featuring a different superhero from the DC Universe’s rich cast of characters". So, some of those character who don't have a series might pop up there?

But this is all conjecture. We'll just need to sit back & see how it all unfolds. And if we don't like it there is always old comics we can read! :)

------


With this post it makes June 2011 one of the most post filled months here on the Living For Wednesday blog, it ties with September 2010 with 9 entries. The most post filled month was January 2010 with 10 entries. But, it's only June 12th: we still have the rest of the month to go. I still got stuff to talk about & show you all which would easily fill more then 1 more entry. So, Thanks DC: for giving me something to talk about!

Until next time: Stay Jazzy everybody!

- Brian

No comments: