Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This is Entry 200!

*A monotone yet feminine voice announces* T-Minus 0. Countdown complete. This is Entry 200. *Confetti goes everywhere*

Yes, this is Entry 200. Now for some facts:
Entry 1 was made on August 7th 2007. Entry 50 was made a year & 2 days later on August 9th 2008. Entry 100 was made on July 19th 2009, a full 20 days before the 2nd anniversary. Entry 150 was on July 6th 2010, a month & a day behind the 3rd anniversary. Entry 200 is now being posted on June 1st, 2 month & 7 days before the 4th anniversary.

What does this all mean? Most posting rate is getting quicker & about every 2 years I make 100 entries. But if you want get down to brass tacks, there are 4 "blank" entries & probably a few other posts that probably could of been merged together so this could actually be Entry 196 (or earlier) but that would require deleting some posts, merging of others & rewriting of a few more. Which is work I don't really want to do. This is my Blog! So, as per the current numbering system is Entry 200!

*more confetti goes everywhere*

What do I have planned for this entry. When I wrote Entry 100, I did a Entry-by-Entry breakdown of the Blog so far. I don't really feel like doing that this time. I just took too darn long to do & I don't anyone really liked it since it wasn't all that informative. But the midpoint of doing it I started to loose interest but i didn't have a better idea. Entry 100 was basically a text clip show with a little bit of added content.

I'm not sure if this will be any better. I did start to write a different version of this entry this morning & I still have the same problem I did then: I don't know what to make this entry about.

I don't really have any interesting behind the scenes stuff to tell. There is some of that stuff but as I just said I'm not sure if it's interesting and I'm not sure how to put it into words.

For the last couple of weeks I've been thinking about what to do for this entry. Make it something special. Something good. Something worth seeing. I came up with a few different ideas. Well... no. Half ideas. Ideas without endings. Ideas without a clear way of doing them. I though of merging all my ideas into 1 big idea but even that didn't have an ending or a clear way of doing it.

So, that brings us to now. This entry & there isn't much here. But then there wasn't much there 2 years ago for Entry 100. At the bottom of that entry was a "Coming Attractions" list. How many of those things were done?

Zero. I either lost interest in the idea or lazily haven't got those idea out of the planning stage. I currently have another list of things I'd like to put up on the blog. Some of these things where on that list 2 years:

- Emerald City 2011 Photos: I have a bunch of photos from the Convention in March that I want to post. I didn't post 2010's photos until September, 7 months after the con was over.

To give you a preview here is one photo from this year:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's Me with Jeopardy champion Ken Jennings. The boy facing away from us is his son.

- FCBD 2011 Thoughts: Not a whole review of the books I got, just some thoughts about the event from last month.

- Final Thoughts on Smallvile: I posted my thoughts about the Series 10th season awhile ago & I want to just some thoughts on the finale.

I know all of these are late but it's almost become a hallmark of the Blog to talk about things well after the fact.

- The Stan Lee Entry: I first made mention I wanted to make a entry about Stan Lee late last year & I hope to get to this year. As said before it won't be a post about "The Man" himself (a recap of career, etc.) but just some thoughts about about my feeling regarding him & some other thoughts connected to him.

- The Puzzle Post: I bought a jigsaw puzzle at a thrift store a year or so ago. It's have a... altered version of the George Perez art from the 3rd Avengers series, the "Heroes Reborn" relaunching. I think that issue of Avengers was my first. The 1st Avenger comic I ever read. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a video of me putting together the puzzle, talking about the image & other related stuff OR just post the puzzle's image & talk about there.

Over the last few years I've made mention of my video camera but have yet to really put to any real use. Of the few videos I have made the best one is Entry 132. I didn't plan out anything before hand. Probably should have as I tend to ramble a lot in the video. Since then I've had multiple idea of how to use the camera I just haven't gotten around to do it.

Speaking of my camera....

-LFW TV: This is still in the planning stages. It's one & maybe the best thought I've had out of "what do I do with my video camera". The original idea was to do a monthly web series but as time went on I realized my ideas were bigger then my ability so the series evolved/devolved into this. It's an umbrella idea where any of my filmed bits for the blog will fall under this umbrella.

One planned video is:

-Doctor Strange review: Last year at a community yard sale I found a VHS copy of the 1970's made-for-TV live action "Doctor Strange" movie. It's a bad movie. It's watchable & does have it's enjoyable moments but it's not a good Doctor Strange movie but any means. I want to do a video review of it & use clips from it. If I can't do that I'm going to do a text review of it & have some accompanying screen shots.

In related news: that same yard sale is happening again this year & if the guy who sold me the tape is there with more VHS tapes, I'm going to see what else he has. I bought 4 tapes from him last year.

Speaking of Movies...

-Plan 9 sequel comic: Recently I came into possession of comic which is the sequel to the 1959 movie "Plan 9 from Outer Space". The comic is called "Plan 9 from Outer Space Strikes Again!" It was put out by in 1999 by Bluewater Productions. Now the original movie is considered a bad movie classic & is a movie I enjoy. But the sequel comic fails every aspect. It's one of the worse comics I've ever read. So, I'll be reviewing it!

There are also 2 things I've been planning & want to start up soon. I hope to make them be reoccurring things from the blog:

- Really Cool Old Ads: I like comics. I like old comics. One of the things I like about this is the ads. I have been scanning on the ads from this old comics that I think are really cool. Most of the ads I've scanned in are every from the Mid 1960's to the Mid 1990's.

- Random Photos: I've collected about 20 or so random photos. I have no context of where they were taking, who's in the photos or why they were taken. Once I get through those I'll be posting random photos I've taken which I do have some context of why they were taken, where they were taken & who's in then.

Also, I have a few things that I'm planning for next year. 2012 is an important milestone in my comic book reading. I won't say why at the moment or what I'm planning there but know there is stuff being planned.

I think this post is long enough.

So here end Entry 200!

*even more confetti goes everywhere*

Until next time: Stay jazzy everybody!

- Brian

No comments: