Friday, June 10, 2011

This is Entry 204: The New DC, part 3

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DC continues to release images relating to the 52 *new* series coming out at the end of the summer & I'll continue to post my comments about it!

Last time i wondered about where Martian Manhunter & Blue Beetle will be in this brave new world. DC has answered: BB is once more getting his won series & where is J'onn J'onzz? Well... He's joined Stormwatch!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yes, the group/team from DC's Wildstorm imprint. He's standing with Apollo & Midnighter. Now from what I've read J'onn isn't, crossing over to that "universe" but that they & the rest of the Wildstorm characters are coming to the main DCU. But I could be wrong: what I read was kind of vague:

Stormwatch is a dangerous super human strike force whose existence is kept secret from the world. Jack Hawksmoor and the rest of the crew look to recruit two of the deadliest super humans on the planet: Midnighter and Apollo. And if they say no? Perhaps the Martian Manhunter can change their minds.

Next up: The Suicide Squad!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pictured Are Harley Quinn, King Shark & Deadshot. Now I'm not sure if the whole "squad" is just them or has other people in it too (Again vague text). But Harley is getting a drastic new look. A friend on Facebook said that he thought it "appropriate that Harley Quinn is now a member of the Suicide Squad, since she now looks like a Suicide Girl." I agree with him but if she is to be one, she'll need more tattoos. :) Also, I thought she looked a bit like the costume she'll be wearing in the new Batman video game: Arkham City. Also, I can't really get a good look at Deadshot's new look but I'm not sure i like it. I thought his old look was awesome!

What DC has to say:

Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! They’re a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous – they’re sheer suicide! Who will be the first to crack under the pressure?

Next up is another costume that make be think we have traveled back 20 years to the 1990's: Deathstroke!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I don't have anything really to say about it other then it's seems very 1990's in look.

A book I wouldn't mid seeing what they do with it is All-Star Western with Jonah Hex as the lead character:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

From Dc's own website, the premise is:

Even when Gotham City was just a one-horse town, crime was rampant – and things only get worse when bounty hunter Jonah Hex comes to town. Can Amadeus Arkham, a pioneer in criminal psychology, enlist Hex’s special brand of justice to help the Gotham Police Department track down a vicious serial killer?

The book will also have back-up stories featuring DC's other Western characters.

Next is: Blackhawks, a group of characters that I don't think has had anything done with them in awhile. Most of the stuff I know about this group is from the 1950's & 1960's.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The image looks very G.I. JOE & how the book is being described It sounds like it:

Blackhawk is an elite group of mercenaries made up of brave men from around the world equipped with the latest in cutting-edge hardware and vehicles. Their mission: Kill the bad guys before they kill us. A set of contemporary tales that battle the world’s gravest threats.

Up next, DC tries to their hand at another of Jack Kirby's character. I'm not sure if it's going to go well. I hasn't in the past. This is OMAC:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DC describes the book as:

A man loses control of his life as the omnipresent Brother Eye transforms him against his will into a powerful killing machine

The art looks very Kirbyeque & I'm not sure that is a good thing. If they want to do stuff with the the characters he created do something new or don't do anything at all. No oen will ever bee Jack Kirby no matter how hard they try.

Just today we have gotten full looks at Superman & Supergirl new costumes & I have think about them a bit. I'm still waiting on what they are going to do with Power Girl.

Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: