Saturday, November 20, 2010

This is Entry 176: Somebody Save me!

This time I'll be talking about:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And it's last season. After 10 season they are closing up shop so this season must the best season ever, right?

Well, no. At least not to me anyways. I stopped being a regular viewer of the shows a few seasons ago. Why? I just lost interest but I'd check in from time to time to see what was going on. But I thought since it was the last season I'd watch it more often to see how the close everything out. Not sure I like how they are doing things.

One thing that I've been seeing is they are bringing more & more recognizable names. Not in the terms of actors but in names of characters. why just the names? Well, I don't recognize those characters as the ones from the comics. Now I know Smallville does have it's own continuity so they can't be how they are exactly in the comics. But half of the time the character is so changed to fit into Smallville's continuity that they don't seems like as the character, just someone with their name.

2 people they have gotten right is Lois Lane & Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) mostly because they gave them more then one episode appearances & then guest spots later on. Kara (Supergirl) was good since she didn't seem to change that much. The best translation might be the Legion of Super Heroes (but they might of been because Geoff John had a hand in that episode). The stuff with Brainiac was pretty good also but then they developed the character over a series of appearances.

The other people that have shown up I didn't have enough time to establish a character before they were never seen again. (I would have liked to see more with Black Canary, you do have Green Arrow on your show!). Last season, they introduced the Justice Society which I thought was cool (again with Johns) but I wanted more & I doubt I'll get more (They had some more with Hawkman this season but that's probably all I get from that group).

With this season there seemed to be another characters from the comics plopped into the show: Mera, The Suicide Squad, Slade Wilson, Cat Grant to name a few. I heard rumors of Booster Gold & Blue Beetle showing up, too! But I'd rather not see people from the comics then see lesser versions of the characters show up.

Another thing I not too keen on is I feel like they are trying to do too much. They know it's the last season so they are trying to do everything they ever wanted to do with the show. But too many story lines ruin a show. Also, I would really like them to stop beating me over the head with the whole "Clark is unsure of himself & is afraid is going to screw up something" subplot. I thought this was already covered in earlier seasons. I know why they are doing this but I wish they were handling it in a different way.

Smallville is not the show it started out as. It only has 1 cast member from the 1st season still on season 10 (That's Tom Welling, who plays Clark Kent but then you can't have a show without him).Over the last decade the show has been good, been ok & been bad. This last season is turning out for me to be ok with a leaning towards bad. But It's not over it might turn out to be ok with a leaning towards good. We'll just have to see how the series ends.

Until next time, Stay Jazzy everybody!

-Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent! Everything is super!