Sunday, November 14, 2010

This is Entry 173: More Batman!

So, this is going to be another Bat-Centric post. If don't like it, well... tough cookies!

This last Wednesday I read the concluded chapter of "The Return of Bruce Wayne" which seems kind of redundant since we already know he's return & had been running around doing stuff. This issue only fills in the gap of who the heck do he actually get back.

Well, he got back & I thought "Huh?" But then was my reaction to end of Final Crisis which was written by Grant Morrison, seen here making sure you know Superman has a crotch:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This picture has nothing to do with what I'm talking about but it's odd photo of Grant Morrison (He's the bald one) I found on the Internet.

Now thinking about both series I come to another comparison that there is a part of the story gone (Now Wayne's return, this might be partly my fault since his return was also partly chronicled in other Bat Books (Batman & Robin being one of those books) that I didn't read but I don't think was the problem with FC I just think with that book the missing part of that series was in Morrison's head.

Now there might be a 3rd comparison or it just might be an off shoot of my first comparison: the book might be on a higher thinking plane. I found this with a number of Morrisons' more recent works. They seem to have some concept were you need to do some deep thinking about concepts to fully get what's going on.

I tried to explain what happen in the Return of Bruce Wayne #6 to my dad. Now I didn't completely understand the book but I thought I could explain what happened but not really why. My dad didn't under what happened, he thought it was just confusing.

That might be the best way to explain Morrison's writing: Confusing. Now are his books bad because they are confusing? No. At least they are getting you to think about stuff. They are bad comics that just leave you confused & all you can think about is how bad the comic you just read is & nothing beyond that. Confusing can be good & lead you to something more which in Comic Books that might lead you to buying more comic books. :)

That's all I go for this time. Until next time: Stay Jazzy everybody.

- Brian

No comments: