Monday, November 15, 2010

This is Entry 174: The Return of RCOA!

As mentioned in Entry 171, I lost a chunk of my files when my computer decided to crap out on me & among those files were the Ads' I had scanned in for my Really Cool Old Ads project. Today I started in the re-scanning process.

As I've probably said before the Really Cool Old Ads project is me going through my comics & find ad's I think are really cool & old. :) Most of these ads will be coming from the Mid 1960's & up to the Mid 1990's. I've seen a distinct drop off of really cool ads in Comics during the late 1990's & in to this present decade. But if I find any ads' that I think are cool I'd post them, too.

Many of the ads I've found can be divided into a few different subcategories: Toy Ads, Video Game Ads, TV Ads, Hostess Ads, Mail Order Ads, Public Service Announcements, Marvel House Ads & DC House Ads. A "House Ad" is an ad made by the company (Marvel & DC) to advertise their only products (upcoming comics most often).

I'll most likely begin posting these Ads in the next months barring an unforeseen events.

Until next time, Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

3 comments:

Hollis Crapo said...

I'm super excited for the ads. I had a stint in high school where I would find pictures of old billboards and photo-shop them (paint more like) and make them more cool. If i come across them again, i will pass them on.

Brian said...

Cool. If you find any of them, I'd like to see them.

Also, thanks for commenting!

Anonymous said...

Easy to read, and at the same time, many new, important information. Just what you need:)