Friday, September 17, 2010

This is Entry 161: Con Prologue

Before I get into what this post is about, as I logged into Blogger to I noticed that I have gained a 4th follower. So, a hardy Living for Wednesday welcome to Calandreya who according to her vague profile is a female from "the Midwest". She joins RÁDIO WEB BLOG (a blog from Brazil), scientist from India (who I think was my first follower) & my friend Abraham.

So enough of that tangent. What is this post actually about? Well, like many of the entries here: Comic Books. In about a week or so there is a Convention happening:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the first year it's happening. This convention is sort a sister/brother/cousin/some sort of family member of the Emerald City ComicCon since a few people from that Con also are putting this one on. From Jet City's own website, this Con's purpose is:

... to fill in the void for a quality one-day show for fans and dealers. A show that will be fun and entertaining for the fans, where they will have time to browse all the dealer tables or visit with their favorite creators.

I'm not sure I like the term "quality" as attributed to one-day comic shows since I've been to a number of one day shows that I think are of "quality". I think they are going to something larger to then those shows. Most of the one day shows I've been to don't have panels, special guests & are most often held in smaller meeting places (Most of the ones I've recently been to have been in an Elementary School Gym).

I've known this Con was a coming for time & was wavering on if I'd attend or not. In thinking about it I came upon an idea. Something I had never done before! I'm going to go with a group. I've contacted a small group of my Seattle friends on the Facebook & most are up for going to the Con. Some are even going to come in Costume!

So, think of this post as a Prologue to my review of this upcoming Convention. There will most likely be photos taken at said event. There might even be some video take. I attempted to do some filming at ECCC 2010 but pretty much forgot about the camera during the day. I had like 2 minute max of footage, I was there for a few hours. :) So, I hope to maybe redeem myself this time. But I might do the same thing & forget about the camera because I'm just geeking out.

Speaking of Cons: In Entry 74, I give my Guide to attending to Conventions. I'll most like make some changes to it since I've have some experience with attending a Convention with a group.

So, until next: Stay Jazzy everyone!

- Brian

3 comments:

Calandreya said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures. Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

Jay Boaz said...

I would think that a one-day convention would be a poor draw for vendors; it is a lot of work to haul product and set up a booth for only one day. Though presumably the cost to set up a booth would be a lot less...

Brian said...

Calandreya: There will pictures & maybe even some video. Also, your welcome. :)

Jay: I agree with you on the cheeper comment but I don't know about it being a poor draw for vendors. I've seen some of the same vendors at my local Conventions so it must not be that much of a hassle since they do it multiple times a year.