Thursday, July 22, 2010

This is Entry 153: Wonder Woman's New Outfit #2

So, this post is a follow up to what I posted in 151: Wonder Woman.

Yesterday while I was at the comic book store, I got a copy of Wonder Woman #600. It was probably a second printing but i didn't care I bought it to find out what all the hub bub was about.

Here is the cover:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I think the art is done the same person who did the art for the ad I posted. I think she is even posed in the way as the Ad. Now I'm not sure why this art wasn't used for the ad but as I said in 151 maybe the Ad department didn't get the Costume change memo. :)

So, what did I think of the Comic: mostly pointless. I felt there was too much filler. There was 10 pages of art pieces by various artists, most were well done but I felt like there were just too many. The stories in the comics just didn't seem all that interesting, most of them all had the message "Gee, Wonder Woman is amazing!" Yeah, I know this was a Wonder Woman comic but I thought was a bit odd that that almost all ended on that on that thought. Now for why I bought the book: the story by Straczynski where he sets up the change on WW's status quo. What did I think of it? I thought it was interesting. It sets up the story nicely. Now, I'm not sure if I'd pick up the monthly issues to follow the story but I might pick up the story when they collect it into one book to see how the story went.

until next time: Stay Jazzy, everybody!

- Brian

No comments: