Saturday, July 17, 2010

This is Entry 151: Wonder Woman's New Outfit #1

So, I was reading my weekly stash of comics & I saw an ad for the new Wonder Woman writer & artist team on the book:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After looking at I noticed something wrong: She's wearing the wrong costume! For those that don't know major changes went down last issue (#600) & Wonder Woman got a costume & back story make over. Princess Diana now apparently wears this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I say "apparently" since I've yet to read/look at any of the Wonder Woman books with this new look. All I've seen is the image above. But I think the Ad is kind of odd: If in this "all-new era" where you change up a whole bunch of stuff with the character why have the character's old costume on the Ad? Is DC afraid of the change up? I don't know. Maybe the people in the Ad department get the memo that said they were changing the costume.

As for what I think about the change: I'm rather nonplus about it. She's changed her costume before & changed it back after awhile. The thing I'm not so sure about is the change to back story, from what I gather they changed pretty much everything. She now more urban (hence the pants & leather jacket) & other stuff. This doesn't really jive with me. But I'd save finally judgement after the story line is over.

In somewhat related news: Straczynski is almost now the writer on Superman & did read his first issue. Superman is walking around Philadelphia & doing stuff (Having Pie, talking people off buildings, finding gas leaks in Trucks, other random stuff). It was an interesting issue, written quite well, but this was also part 1 of story line & I'm not sure I'd want multiple issues of Superman just walking around Pennsylvania doing stuff. I know we just came off a year or more of Action packed stories but you don't have to cut it out completely. :)

That's all I got for this time. Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: