Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This is Entry 33: Brian on the Aisle #2

This go around I review the movie: Iron Man. To quote the woman a few rows in front of me at the end of the movie: "Hells Yeah!"

But before I talk about the movie, let's talk about the previews: I saw 4 action drama trailers: The Hulk, The Spirit, Indiana Jones, The Dark Knight & 2 Comedies: The Love Guru with Mike Meyers & Don't Mess with Zohan! with Adam Sandler. All except for Zohan look good. It might be good it's got the Apatow seal of approval! But it could be crap. :)

But I'm getting off track, I'm here to talk about IRON MAN! I'll try to keep this spoiler free. I took in a matinee showing with around roughly 20 to 30 people (these were just the people I saw in front of me, to the left & to the right. I'm not sure how many were behind me). I was the first person in the Theater seeing as I was an half hour early ( I miss estimated bus travel time but I didn't want to be late). So, we get through the cool previews & on to the main flick. It... was... Awesome!!!!! This comes from a guy who's never read any Iron Man characters.

The way it started out was great & continued to be so through out the film. You had your humor, your action, your geeky bits (They managed to fit in a Roxxon reference for gosh sakes!) The Actors all played their parts well, no one felt ill chosen for their roles. I look forward to Iron Man II & I know the perfect villain to show up since an appearance by him has been set up here in this film. Your take the terrorist group's name from the film, use some comic knowledge & who do you get? Yup, that guy! He would be perfect, you have to change a few things to fit with the era. But they did that anyways.

So the movie ended on a high note, the credits started to role & people were leaving?!?! I almost felt like yelling at them: "Where are you going? There is movie movie coming up after the credits!" And there was. It could have gone in the middle of the credits, there was a perfect spot for it, too! But it was at the very end. It, much like a film, was Awesome! The other 4 people who saw it also seemed to like it too. It was the first step to a real Marvel style shared universe, I won't tell you what happened. You could probably find out about it somewhere on the net but it left me wanting more. I await The Hulk later this summer & IM2 later on. So, I give the movie 4 suits of armor out of 5! (I hardly give anything a 5, so a 4 is pretty darn great).

Until next time: Save me a seat & Stay Jazzy!

-Brian

No comments: