Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This is Entry 232: Check... Check... Checklist!


It's another entry & another DC centric entry. I'm not sure where I will stop doing these purely DC centric posts. I guess when I run out of stuff to talk about. I will try to space them out a bit (note the word "try", this does mean I will space them out).

DC on their blog, The Source they have released a checklist for the 2nd issues of the New 52. I noticed that some books have moved around in the schedule & at least one has an altered title.

I hope you can read that. sorry if you can't.

The checklist for Issue 1 is on right & Checklist for Issue 2 is on the left. I like the look of the 2nd Issue checklist better. It's got the checkbox so you can check it those you bought & the header is just better. They could have added the words "DC Comics" to the top to make it say:


DC Comics: The World's Greatest Super Heroes

52 All-New Series


But that is just semantics.

As for what is different between the 2 checklists. Not much:
- Batgirl got bumped down from Week 1 to Week 2 while Red Lanterns got bumped up from Week 2 to Week 1. Why did they changed this? I don't know. Maybe it was to have 1 Lantern book a week (there are 4 weeks & there are 4 Lantern books).
- Justice League went from being the 1st title in the "New 52" to being the 34th title in the "New 52". I thought that JL would have been a week 1 title & not a week 3 title. They made a big deal about it being this flagship title but a flagship title is not a book you put in the middle of the books. But then the week it comes out it's not up against many other "big" name title other then Batman & one of the Lantern titles.
- The Firestorm book changed titles. Issue 1 was The Fury of Firestorm, Issue 2 is this The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men. As for why the change in titles? Again, I don't know. There are a number of Firestorms running around that book.

That's all I have for now. I have a few other posts planned:
- Which "New 52" titles I'll continue to read past Issue 1
- I took a Neilsen survey regarding the New 52 & got some stuff to say about it
- I thought I'd tell you what Marvel comics I read

Stay tuned for those & others. :)

Until then: Stay Jazzy everybody!

- Brian

No comments: