Saturday, March 5, 2011

This is Entry 188: Emerald City 2011 Part 3

Today was Day 2 & was good.

It was more laid back (at least for me). I of course bought some comics (most of them were from the 50 cents bins) but for most of the time it was just wondering around the con looking at stuff & taking pictures at what we saw (today My Dad came with me).

There were a lot more people in costume today then yesterday & many pictures of the costumed people were taken (Photos are forth coming!). One person I kept seeing was Booster Gold. It's hard to miss some in a bright blue & gold costume. Through out the day I saw them about a 10 times. The last time I got a photo with them. She (yes, it was a woman dressed as BG) where there with 2 other women: 1 dressed as the second Blue Beetle & the other was dressed as Goldstar! ( I didn't see a Skeets but Booster Gold had Oreos). There was also who I think was a guy dressed up as Wonder Woman. Lots of cool costumes!

Other people I saw there Brian Michael Bendis past by me twice & was shorter then I thought he would be. Another person there was Ken Jennings, of JEOPARDY fame. He's a local guy & my dad knows him a bit. So, I got to talk to Ken about comics a bit which was cool was we both were searching the bins for stuff (Noticed he was looking at a bunch of Superman stuff). I got my Crisis on Infinite Earths novel signed by Marv Wolfman.

Went to 2 Panels: Super Blank: The Game Show which is basically the old 1970's game Show Match Game with comic writer's & artists as the panel. There were a few references to Match Game (brief references of Charles Nelson Reily & Gene Rayburn)/. A fun thing. I'd go back to it next year if they had it. Also there prizes for playing where really cool: DVDs', Posters, Comics, Sketches & 1990's era blank Marvel Comics forms.

Also went to the DC Universe panel which to not be confused with theDc Nation I went to on friday. But they were basically the same thing it's just that this one was more well attended. :) In prep for the Super Blank panel I saw the last bit of a panel featuring a few web cartoonists & that was pretty fun.

As I left the Con outside the building was a guy playing a Tuba with a guy playing a trombone. What type of music were they playing? music from Star Wars.

Emerald City ComiCon 2011 was another good year. I'll be back for next year, their 10th Anniversary!

Until next posting (which most likely will be photos): Stay Jazzy, everybody!

- Brian

2 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

At the Central Canada Comic Con I had Marv Wolfman autograph my Teen Titans #1-6. I also bought a Nightwing script from him and had him sign the script and the actual issue (which I ran to another booth to buy).

Brian said...

Cool.

Marv had some scripts for sale at his table also when he was ECCC. I didn't get a look at the scripts there was a bit of crowd around them.

Thanks for commenting!