Friday, March 4, 2011

This is Entry 187: Emerald City 2011 part 2

So... today was the 1st day of this year's Emerald City ComiCon! How was it? Awesome! How could it be any less! :)

I bought some comics. Some of them I had been looking for a few years & finally found! I was also really good this time: I didn't really stray from my list & half of my list is also boughten which is also really cool!

I bought 2 t-shirts (one of the Red Skull holding the Cosmic Cube & the other relating to the TV show "Doctor Who").

I had a comic signed by Dan Jurgens (writer/artist of a whole bunch of things & creator of Booster Gold), I got a sketch from artist Colleen Coover (this year's subject: Jimmy Olsen). I also had the 1st Issue of the awesome late '90's short lived DC Comics series "Chronos" by the artist from the book: Paul Guinan! I also piked up his recent book: Boilerplate: History's Mechanical Marvel. The book which he created with his wife, Anina Bennett (who was also there). I bought the book & inside my copy is a sketch of Boilerplate in the book & the two of them signed the book, too!

I went to 2 panels: 1 put on by DC Comics. The other relating to Star Trek & behind the scenes stuff. Both were good.

I also took some pictures. Didn't take any footage.

I am also going back tomorrow for Day 2 & since I spent most of my money today it might just more of people watching day.

I'll report back on that after it happens. Until then I think I'm going to go read some comics & as always I'd like you all to Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: