Sunday, June 13, 2010

This is Entry 144: Brian on the Aisle #6

In 2007, a Blog was started. Contained with in it was the thoughts & opinions of a man with no plans of joining the military. The Blog wasn't really read by anyone. Today, still no one was really reading that Blog, it survives only because that man won't let it die. Sometimes he see Movies & then reviews them on said Blog. So if there are Movies he's seen & you can find this Blog, maybe you can read the segment called... Brian on the Aisle!

As you might be able to to guess I saw the A-Team remake yesterday.

I think my friend AJ summed it best when asked what she thought of the film: Meh. If anyone going into seeing the movie was hoping for the best film ever: you will be disappointed. If your looking for a way to kill 2 hours & see stuff blown up real good: you won't be disappointed. :) The Movie pretty much run along like this: fighting which leads to explosions, then attempts at story which lead into fighting which some fighting & then guess what explosions! Then we got to have some story bits but then that leads to some fighting & then BOOM more stuff blowing up. Now it may seem like I'm being hard on this movie which I kind of am. I did find most of the big action sequences thrilling & kind of engaging but the movie seems to lag a bit when there wasn't some sort of action happening.

Also going into this film you do have to turn off a bit of your mind & suspend a nice chunk of disbelief since a lot of stuff that when on needed to be time exactly are they would have gone horribly, horribly wrong. One thing that was a bit annoying was the all the extreme close-ups: I do need to see all the pores of the actors' faces. You can zoom out a bit & still get the same effect. Another thing it seemed like the movie had a lack of background music or at least lack of variety of music. Yes, I know I am watching the A-Team movie I don't need to hear the theme song for the 12th time! The use of a song by Steely Dan was put to ok usage. But then that the A-Team movie was as mentioned before: Meh. It was an Ok Movie. Most of the comments about the movie we, the 3 of us who saw the movie together, said followed them up or could have followed them up was "But it was the A-Team".

A few comments on the Acting: the actors playing the A-Team (Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson & Sharlto Copley) were all believable in their roles. Most everyone else in the movie was too but then you get to Jessica Biel, the only major female role in the film. I did not belief in her role, it did not seem real. Yes, she's acting but I think as an audience member I deserves some believability in the acting when when they are doing unbelievable things.

a comment about the humor from the movie: when your biggest laugh in theater is for a throw away sight gag your movie might not as funny as it could have been. So, the joke was really funny but it was the one thing that like the whole theater laughing. There was scatter laughs from people though out the movie.

Was it worth the $9.50 I spent on the ticket: sort of. The trailers did make me kind of want to see the movie & am I sad that I saw it: no. I liked the film. It might of been ok at a matinee price. The Movie didn't seem completely pointless like "The Takers", a movie I saw the trailer for before the A-Team started. If the movie seem pointless just from the trailer & most trailer try to use the best moment I worry want the rest of the movie is like. Now with I see this "Takers" film: no. Also, there is a movie trailer for something I thought was something you'd only see on SyFy network: it's "Piranha 3-D" which also seems stupid & seems like a film Dr. Forrester would have subject the crew of the Satellite of Love to if it was still around. :)

But speaking of good trailers: I saw a new trailer (at least to me it was) the "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" movie. Now the other trailer I saw made it look awesome & the trailer just added to the awesomeness!

So, what do I give the A-Team movie: 3 explosions!

Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

Also don't you just love it when a post come to together? :)

No comments: