Monday, May 24, 2010

This is Entry 142: Brian on the Aisle #5

It's another installment of Brian on the Aisle.

Today I finally got out to see Iron Man 2 & it was Super cool & awesome! I really liked it. I did feel it was bit slow in parts & thinking back most of those parts did all seem to have Sam Rockwell (who played Justin Hammer) in them. I liked it, my dad (who went with me) liked it. Going into the movie I wasn't sure about Scarlett Johanson playing Black Widow, wasn't sure she'd be believable in the role. After seeing seeing here in the role: she did ok but wasn't completely sold on her in the role. I look forward to next Marvel Movie: Thor!

Some others movies I think you, my dear readers, should go out & watch. All of these movies are old:
- FEDS: this 1988 comedy starring Rebecca De Mornay & Mary Gross is one that is near & dear to my heart. In my formative years, during the summertime my older sister & I would stay up late at night. What would we be doing? Watching Movies. This was a frequent favorite. I recently bought a VHS copy of the movie (it has yet to be released on DVD as far as I know) & watched and it still holds up. Search this out!

- Trekkies: a documentary about the fans of Star Trek & is quite funny. I'm a minor fan of the Trek, I grew up watching the various series (TNG forward) & have seen a number of the films but am no way as far gone as those presented in the Film. I found a VHS copy at a Thrift store so I'm not sure if a DVD version exists.

- Toys: the 1992 Robin Williams film had recently been on my mind (not sure why), I then saw it on TV & shortly there after bought a DVD copy for myself. It's got a good story but what really drew me was the art direction: it's amazing! An underrated classic!

- Fanboys: a movie in the slightly similar vein as Trekkies but this time about Star Wars an entirely fictional account of their dealings. I remember hearing about this movie being made & hearing about problems with it's release (a 4 year difference between it's original release date & actual release date) then knowing it came out but I don't think got a wide release. After seeing it I think it should have it's a pretty fun movie, better if you the SW references.

That's it for now. Until next we meet: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: