Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is Entry 140: FCBD 2010 part 2

I guess this could have been an amendment of Entry 139 but I'm making it's own post.

I was at my local comic book store today picking up my books for the week (all 3 of them, it was slow week) while I was there I was asked if I had picked up Issue 0 of The War of the Supermen, one of the books from Free Comic Book Day. Now why was I asked this?

It wasn't because they have extra copies & wanted to unload them on customers. It was because I had Issue 1 on my pull list & they wanted to make sure I had the issue before I read Issue 1. Now this was really nice & cool. But they wasn't all I was asked if I had. I was also asked if I had gotten a Bag on Saturday. I wasn't sure what that meant (bag of what?) & said "no" so I got this cool Free Comic Book Day bag for FREE. I wasn't the only person there that got the bag. So I'm not sure if I got it because I had a pull list with them & am a regular customer (am at that store at least once a week. Some weeks I'm there twice) or if they just had extra bags & were giving them out to whom every wanted them.

But that they did both of these things are among the reasons why I keep coming back. I know of at least a dozen or so comic books stores that are close to me & I could go to any one of them for the same comics. A few of them are closer to my home then this store but there are a few things that I like about this store, no pun intended, that I go the extra distance to go there.

Just thought I'd share this.

Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: