Saturday, June 13, 2009

This is Entry 95: The Future of Videos!

This post is to update you all about the status of further videos posted to this here blog o' mine. Well, they probably won't happen anytime soon. For a couple of reason. Two actually:

1. Time. For all the great ideas I've had over the last few weeks for video they would all take up a big bunch of time that I don't know if I have. Also with the videos It's just not making them, it's also the editing them. Yeah, I know. But hear me out: with my text reviews: I type them out, lose an hour (or 3) & they are done. With the Videos to make them sound good I'd have to write of a script, plan out what effects I would want to use, which images to use, scan those into my computer, maybe make a few alterations to those. Then I'd record myself. After that then add in pictures, text stuff & maybe some more audio (music, voice overs, etc.) & I've lost a whole day (or more).

2. Equipment. I don't have any beyond what is built into the computer I use. In fact I'm using it right now. :) Which works as evidence by the video a few posts down the blog. But It's very limited in it's scope: there is no zoom beyond me getting closer or moving away. The screen is small I can move around all that much. Also, I can't take it anywhere. The computer is just to darn bulky & needs to be plugged in to work so anywhere away from a power source is out of the question.

This means I'll be returning to my text reviews for the time being. Now this doesn't mean I've given up the idea doing videos. The one I posted was a test to basically see if I could make one & I did! Now comes the part where I try to see if I can make one good! Good as in is not crap, flows smoothly from thing to another, I don't look or sound bad. Basically looks half way decent. This will require some research. Also, some trail & error. I made 5 or so test videos before I made one I posted. So... this means that during the next year (MyBlog started in August so that demarks the the years for the blog) I'll probably put a video or two. Hopefully they won't be crap. :) I have also given some passing thought to actually buying a video camera which would require some money (that I'm saving for another big thing) but mostly if I got one some trail & error of me figuring out how the darn thing works. :)

Also, we are 6 from Entry 100! I'll probably make it some time later this month. Look for it!

That's all I got for this posting. Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: