Thursday, August 11, 2011

This is Entry 218: The Checklist!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Recently DC Comics put out a checklist of all 52 new #1's & when they would be out in a Comic Book Store near you!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But I took it upon myself to make my own Checklist:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It went from 52 to 11. Yes, there are 11 books (maybe more, more on that later) that I would think about picking up the first issues for in September. Let me tell you why...

But first if you notice that that each week is broken down into 13 books as week (13+13+13+13=52).

-------


August 31st: Justice League.

The 1st of the 52 books. The tent pole book. The one that is three to get you excited & set up the this whole new Universe for you! I wasn't sure about this one but thought I'd give it a go. Still not sold on Cyborg being a member of the Justice League.

September 7th: Batgirl & Justice League International.

I'm picking up Batgirl to see how they get Barbra Gordon up & out of the wheelchair. I'm picking up the JLI because it's got 1. Booster Gold & 2. Dan Jurgens writing the book.

September 14th: Batwoman, Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E., Suicide Squad.

I've been waiting for the Batwoman book to come out for a while (it was scheduled for a February released) so I want to see this book. With Frankenstein & Suicide Squad they seem like they could be fun books.

September 21st: Catwoman & DC Universe Presents.

I like Catwoman, Judd Winick writes some good stuff & Guillem March does does nice art. As much as I disliked Brightest Day as a whole, the storyline I liked the most from it was Deadmans' & his story is continuing in & I also looking forward to seeing who else they have in the book.

September 28th: All-Star Western, The Flash, Justice League Dark.

I haven't read much of DC's western stuff or the Jonah Hex book (which I heard was good) but the same team from that book (Justin Grey & Jimmy Palmiotti, which I've read other stuff by them & it was good) continue his adventures here. Also, they have him in the early days of Gotham City & that does sound cool. I like The Flash & I like how Francis Manapul draws The Flash. I would be willing to give the new Flash book a chance. Like with DC's western stuff, I haven't read much of their Magic stuff but a team of their magic characters could be interesting, just wish they had a better name then Justice League Dark.

-------


That's it for the month of September & the 11 books I'd pick up. But, there are a few others that I'm not sure about but might be willing to take a look at:

- Mister Terrific: If only because Karren Starr, Power Girl's alter ego, might be in the book.

- Nightwing: Him facing with his past & interacting Haley's Circus, the circus his family worked for & where his parents died, could be cool.

- Batman: The Dark Knight: if only to see who exactly The White Rabbit is!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Which gets my count up to 14 Books. 14 of the 52. Not very many but that's mainly because of what I've seen of the other books It just doesn't interest me. But could change as the books roll out. We will just have to see.

Until then: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: