Sunday, August 7, 2011

This is Entry 216: The Blog Changeth!

Today is the 4th Anniversary of my starting this Blog & I wanted to do something special for it.

So..... It now has a new background of covers of Comics from my collection. Also, I was thinking that the Blog needs a cool Banner. Something cool up top so I set about making one. It's what I had first had envisioned. But as you would see that the name is no longer Living For Wednesday but now My Life in a Longbox. I was thinking about the name. I still like the idea behind LFW (it's still implied in the subheading) but most of what I have here on the blog & planned to put up is not dependent on Wednesday (the day new comics come out on) but just dependent on whats in my collection (and yes the new comics from wednesday are added into that).

Now you might be asking yourself:

Self, what exactly is a Longbox?

Well, it's a bit weird that you refer to yourself as "Self" but... A Longbox is the term for long white cardboard boxes that Comic books are stored in. They are the exact size of the average comic book & 25 inches in length. Oddly sized books don't fit in them. There are shorter boxes called a Shortbox, it is 15 inches in length. I use the Shortbox to hold my collection (simply that what the stores I frequent sell & I find it's easier to store those boxes). I am using the term "Longbox" because it sounded better with the name "My Life in a Longbox" then "My Life in a Shortbox". I'm stating what a Longbox is because, as my Dad mentioned to me when I told him the name, I don't want people thinking that I'm referencing a coffin.

That is all for today. Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: