Monday, August 16, 2010

This is Entry 158: brian on the Aisle #7.5

It's another installment of Brian on the Aisle! Well, not really. It's more of I have some more thoughts about the last movie I saw: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World & I didn't feel like editing the last post.

Over the last couple of days I've been thinking about the film. The "review" I was posted was very shortly after seeing it, like a half hour after seeing said film. Over the weekend I've been thinking about it further. After the initial "Man, that's was awesome!" has worn off I thought more about what did I actually see. Now I will say this the film is still good & worth seeing. There is some wonderful visuals, some good music & a good time still seemed to be had by all! But, thinking about the movie a lot of things just seem to happen & their isn't much depth to it. You don't really get to know anyone in the film. Your given enough to make them seem like real people but you don't get much:

"Who's that?"

"Oh, That's Kim. She & Scott use to date. They went high School together. She is the drummer in Sex Bob-ombs with Scott"

"Ok. How did they break up? Is she dating anyone currently?"

"Uh....."


It's like that with most of the characters. You get a few short sentences with minor details of who the person in relation to someone else (most often the people being Scott Pilgrim or Ramona Flowers). Now this might just be the Movie & their might be more info in the books (which I have not read) about the characters but this a Movie review & I'm basing my comments solely on the Movie I saw. Characters come in, have their scene(s) & then leave. The movie doesn't really even go into why the League of Evil Ex's are even evil. Where they always evil or did they become evil after their break up with Ramona? If that's true, then doesn't that make Ramona evil herself?

Maybe I've just been thinking about this movie to much. I did enjoy seeing it. I didn't get all the reference, a number of the Video Game ones probably went right over my head. And I still stand by rating but it might be a lower 4 then it was originally. It's still a high 4 but probably not as high as it was last friday night/early saturday morning.

Until next time: Stay Jazzy Everyone.

- Brian

No comments: