Saturday, August 14, 2010

This is Entry 157: Brian on the Aisle #7

It's another installment of Brian on the Aisle! This time I went to see Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World.

Leading up to this movie coming out everything I saw about about this movie made me want to see it more. Now this could either lead up to an awesome movie or a really crappy movie who shows all the good parts before you get in the theater. Scott Pilgrim is the former.

Confession time: I haven't really read the books the movie is based off of. I read the first book, a friend had it. It was good but I didn't really feel the need to read the rest of the books. Not sure I will. Maybe if they putt all the 6 books together in one big book? A Scott Pilgrim Omnibus! In Color!

But getting back to the movie: It was Awesome. Dare I say Pretty Super Cool Awesome? Yes, I shall: It was Pretty Super Cool Awesome! I'm not sure how to explain the movie it's like if a Video Game, a Music Video & Movie all had a threesome which lead to the birth of this movie, This awesome, awesome movie baby. There is so much to see in the movie & I doubt I caught all there is to see. This a movie definitely worth a second viewing. Possibly a third or a fourth. I hardily look forward to seeing what's going to be on the DVD (hopefully some of the stuff from the website).

I liked that there wasn't all that many "Big Name" people in the movie. Sure, Michael Sera (who plays Scott Pilgrim) is a Big Name but your main character should be a Big Name person. But most of the rest of the principal cast are mostly all known some how but aren't truly those Big Name people. Everyone did a superb job in roles. No one I thought was miscast in their role.

A great film. Wonderful visuals. Some good music. A good time seemed to be had by all!

So, what do I give this film: 4 Power Ups... out of Five!

BONUS CONTENT!

- Favorite comment heard pre-movie: "Why did you text me at 9:30 in the morning? It's summer, no one is up that early!"
- M. Night Shyamalan has a new movie coming out. When he name came on screen during the trailer laughter broke out in the theater. After it died down a voice was heard saying "Hey, Give it chance." which caused more laughter. Then some commented we should remember what he did to Avatar, a reference to the Last Airbender movie. As for the rest of the trailer no one really caught my eye as "I got to go see this movie!"
- In other news before the Movie: I had Sushi! And it was served on a conveyor belt!

So, until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

2 comments:

Collin said...

I agree. Pure awesomeness all around.

Brian said...

Yes it was & thanks for replying!