Saturday, April 4, 2009

This is Entry 77: Emerald City 2009

Con review!

I got lots of comics, not a whole lot of them off my list but still cool comics.

I went to 2 panels which were awesome: One revolving around Mark Waid & the other was the "DC Nation" panel. Dan Didio, Editor-in-Chief of DC Comics, sat in the backrow during the panel. Where was I: five seats down. :) Much hilarity was had in both.

I posed for 2 pictures: One with "Princess Leia", she was dressed like when she was a slave to Jabba the Hut. The other with a man dressed up as Bacon. One cool costume was a guy dressed up as a Ghostbuster with all the trimmings (Proton Pack, etc.), The pack had blinky lights & played the Ghostbuster theme song, too.

I got 2 sketches one from Colleen Coover & one from Jeff Parker. I got books signed both by Coover, Parker & Paul Tobin. I would have 3 sketches since I also got the Sketch list to have Adam Hughes draw me Bat-Mite but the order of the list was not in order (1,2,3,4,5, etc.) but was what he wanted to sketch at the the moment (4, 8, 10, 16, 35, 42, 3, 6, etc). Also I spend some time at his booth, just hanging out & found he takes a long time to do the sketches, He does lots of detail. So that's means that every sketch is awesomely done but takes a long time. I also being Number 40 on the list & my choice of subject matter might not of been who he really wanted to draw. Plus, he had a few other distractions through the day (people wanting him to sign stuff, etc.). Sadly to say I left with out my sketch but I did leave with 2 others & they are awesome!

I saw 1 guy I know (who know who you are), my dad (who's not into the comics) saw 7.

There was free stuff: the free stuff table was blah but the DC booth (a first this year) had free stuff galore: Pins, posters, comics, a plastic Flash ring, plastic Wonder Woman crown. They are awesome!

I also left with about half of the money I went with.

Pictures should be up soon.

Over all the Con was awesome but with only a few bumps here & there. I await next year's festivities.

Stay Jazzy everybody!

- Brian

No comments: