Thursday, January 22, 2009

This is Entry 59: Computer Problems

It's been 3 weeks since I last posted here on the ol' Blog but I have a reason & it's a pretty good reason: My computer had a massive internal breakdown.

The story goes I am working away on the computer on Friday the 2nd & then everything on the screen disappeared. It was replaced by a bright & cheery light blue screen. So, I turned off my machine & attempted to turn it back on. It won't do that for me. :( My computer which was pretty new (like a month of two new right out of the box) had an extended warranty on it so anything that was wrong with that needed to be repaired we didn't need to pay for any of it. The mystics at the Apple store went about used they're mystical powers to find out what went wrong. There were various ideas but some had some to the conclusion that it most likely was coming called a "Logic Board". It was explained to me what a Logic Board but I've forgotten what it actually does. Moving on... They ordered one & tried it. The one they ordered was defective! So, they ordered another that made that sometime around then my computer would be ready. On Inauguration Day (the 20th): We got a call from Drew, an Apple Professional, that the computer was right to be returned to it's proper place in my basement. What was replaced? Logic Board, the Power Source & the Video Card. Most of the major parts of the computer (the Hard Drive was maybe the only one). The cost (which we didn't have to pay due to the warranty) was almost as much as just buying a brand new computer. :)

Now I made half made some plans, call them a New Years resolution if you want, to do more with this small section of the Blog O' Sphere but then my computer becomes illogical amongst other things. I still want to do more but those things might start up in February. Look for those then.

In other news: I now have a page over at the social networking site known as Facebook. I'm slowly building it up & gathering "friends" together. Still not sure what all the myriad of stuff you can do over there are but it's slowly stumbling through it all. Come find me!

As always: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: