Thursday, February 23, 2012

This is Entry 248: The State of the New 52, Prologue



6 Months ago, DC Comics started a grand experiment. This experiment is called The New 52. They cancelled their entire line of books & did away with the entire continuity they had built up (well.. not exactly) to relaunch/reboot it all in terms of going into the future (and in hopes of getting new readers).

They had launched 52 titles that spanned this new universe. As I said it's been 6 months & most of the comic have just completed their 1st story lines. So.... let's talk about how this has been going in a special posting I'm calling.....
Well..... I'm not going to be talking about all 52 series that were launched as part of The New 52. Why not? I didn't read all 52 series. I didn't even read half of The New 52. I just didn't have the money & wasn't really in most of them. Of the 52 series, I have read the 1st issues of 15 series. I only read 11 series past the 1st issue.  So... why did I call this post "The State of the New 15" or "The State of the New 11". It just doesn't have that same ring to it as "The State of the New 52" has to it.

I'll be going through the 15 series I did read some part of & talking about my feeling towards the series. I will be doing these in alphabetic order.

The series I read (at least Issue 1 of) are:
- All Star Western
- Batgirl
- Batwoman
- Catwoman
- DC Universe Presents
- Demon Knights
- The Flash
- Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
- Justice League Dark
- Justice League International
- Justice League
- Mister Terrific
- Nightwing
- Red Hood and the Outlaws
- Suicide Squad

I'll be dividing these up into a few different postings so you are just not reading one 1 long post.

I'll be back with Part 1 as soon as I type it up. :)

Until then: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian.

No comments: