Thursday, July 14, 2011

This is Entry 213: the road to the New DCU!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We are a little over a month until DC resets things to make way for the New 52: the relaunch/reboot/reworking/screwing up the DC Comics line of books. Every week as I go into the comic book store & pick up my weekly allotment of books I'm seeing where some books will be ending on. In others not so much.

As I read the books I wonder what will happen to people:

- Stephanie Brown: Miss Brown is the current wearing of the Batgirl mantle & in the new DCU that mantle will once more be worn by Barbra Gordon. So... what happens to Steph? Her Batgirl series only has 1 more issue to finish up plot lines & (maybe) tell me where she'll be come september. I also wonder where the few members of her supporting cast will also be? We know where Barbra Gordon is going. But what about Wendy/Proxy? There is a detective Stephanie has been working with, will he still have a job in the new DCU?

- The Cast of Booster Gold: We know where He is in the New DCU (In the JLI) but what about his supporting cast? I assume Skeets will join him in the JLI but what about Rip Hunter? Michelle Carter? Rani? The last one has only had a handful of appearances in the Booster Gold book. With that now to be cancelled where will her store continue? The JLI book? Also, will Booster's job as "Time Cop" continue in the JLI book?

- Power Girl & Company: so far I've heard nothing of what is going to happen to her & her cast of characters in the New DCU. She has an issue or 2 left. Hopefully I get some answers.

I'll keep making posts like this as we enter this new age of DC Comics which means these posts will be happening every so often for the next few months.

Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really.

Anonymous said...

Somebody essentially help to make severely articles I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I amazed with the research you made to create this actual publish incredible. Great process!
Fantastic site. Lots of helpful information here. I¡¦m sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your sweat!
hi!,I really like your writing very a lot! share we keep in touch extra about your article on AOL? I require an expert on this area to unravel my problem. Maybe that's you! Looking ahead to peer you.