Tuesday, October 20, 2009

This is Entry 110: Laziness & My Comic Book Collection

Hello!

So, this post is going to be about Laziness & my Comic Book Collection.

After I buy my weekly amount of books (5, 10, 15, 20 books. It varies from week to week). I put them is a pile. A pile that is easily visible in my room, so they stare in in the face. After a few weeks, maybe month or two worth have built up. I then collect up the pile & take them to my Computer to entry them into my Excel database. After this or sometimes after this but I'll blog about them here. In the beginning the reviews/ramblings were longer but got shorter & short as a I start to have more & more books to write about.I keep trying to get the pile down but they never really happens. It also seems sort of like a pain to talk about them because for some issues I've forgotten what the book was about & then have to flip through the book to refresh myself. Sometimes this was for books just a month past. So, after this I would them bag the books (I don't have boards) & file the books away. That is my system.

What am I getting at. Not sure. Maybe I'm rambling. But before I left for a month I wanted to have as little Comics built up so that when I got back & had a month worth of comics to check up on it wouldn't be that much but remember that pile! The pile that stares me in the face. Well, that was only a week or twos' worth of books. BUT I forgot about a few other things: 2 shopping bags of a couple months' worth of books that had been entered into the database & blogged about but had not been bagged & filed away. So, I thought that wasn't much so I set about to bag & file them away today. I got out my bags, set the books, got already. BUT before I started I went look for a box to file away the books. "I'll start with Superman. Got a lot of those books. Now where is that Box?" All my Boxes are white & not labeled. So, I spend some time searching through the boxes looking for the one I want. So, I open the first box & none of the books in side are bagged! Wha?

I start to look through what's in the box & near the front were books from Free Comic Book Day, which happened on the 1st Saturday in May. So, all the rest of the books are from around then: 6 months ago!

So, I didn't bag up anything thing. Having 5 months worth of stuff that needed to be bagged. There is the month's worth of books that need to put through the process. Plus, there are also a dozen or some Graphic Novels that also need to processed & I have a large pile of Back Issues (had a short pile before I left but bought a few old comics on my trip) that also need processing. Look over all that I felt a bit disheartened so I packed everything away to wait until a time when I had a full day to devote to this effort. 6 months of Comics is going to take a while! I think I might even need another books or two.

Plus, tomorrow is Wednesday which means New Comics for the week which also means another stack to add to the pile!

*sigh*

Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

-Brian

No comments: