Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is Entry 109: Vacation!

Well, I lied to you Jim Nation: I did not Blog from down under. But I have my reasons: Blogger was blocked on the Computer I was using, I didn't feel like paying money to get on a Computer, Didn't have time & a few other reasons so that's why there was not a post from there but do expect a post(s) about what I did on my Month trek around the underside of our great planet. I have a little over thousand & half photos to sort through. Once sorted Pic's will be posted.

As stated in Entry 107, I had a list of things I wanted to do:
While Down Under, there a few things I personally want to do which might be slightly geeky/odd:
1. Go to an Australian Comic Book Store & buy some Australian, not found in the U.S., Comics.
2. Go to a Grocery Store & just wonder around to see what it's like. What's the same, what's different, etc.
2a. Find Vegemite & see what it is. Not necessary buy some to eat (I hear it tastes nasty) but at least find some to see what it is.

Well, 1 sort of happened. I did find a Comic book store, a few in fact but didn't find any real "Australian" comics because they don't really exist not the market for it. All the comics I found were either shipped from the U.S. or Comics repackaged for the Australian market. More my Comic Book finds later & my major find! 2 I did & was much all there different with only a few things that made me wonder (Lime Milk?) 2a I did & eat it a few times. I was told how properly eat said food product from a local (my tour director).

Something else I wanted to see but didn't list was: see water flow in the wrong direction down the toilet: I didn't. The pot didn't flow in a smooth motion to see it. I did see a fountain do it so I guess that I could csay I saw it but just not how I wanted it to.

I saw 3/4th of the OZ (Australia) & a chunk of "The Long White Cloud" (New Zealand). More stuff on those places later on.

Until next time: Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

3 comments:

Caleb said...

So like - not blogging from down under was a huge sin.

Abstain from the sacrament for 6 weeks plz.

Brian said...

Well, not really. But it was something I said I try to do but didn't. Thought about a few time just never got around to doing it.

There many things in my life that I've thought about just never gotten around to doing.

Anonymous said...

Like playing the drums during Fast and Testimony meeting?