Saturday, January 19, 2008

This is Entry 21: Comics!

This makes, what, 3 entries this month? Man, I'm doing good! Not as good as August (9 entries in 1 month) but in general 3 entries in a month is good. This might turn into a 4 entry month but I'm not sure.

One to why I'm posting. Can you guess why? It's Comic Books! This time is mostly Marvel with 2 DC books & 2 others.

--------------

Penance: Relentless #4): The mini series is almost over (only 1 to go!), it's still a good story. We find out what the numbers means (If you haven't been reading the series, that means nothing to you. But if you have been I won't spoil it for you). I've got 2 pic's to show you:

1. Norman Osborn is a perv & Ben Grimm knows it!

Photobucket

2. I think I might of found a mistake. Let's see if you can spot it before I tell you what it might be:

Photobucket

Can't find it? It's right there. It's the Flag! Down on Entry #17 of this very Blog, I ramble on about the the first half of the Marvel Atlas & it shows you the Latverian Flag:

Photobucket

Now the flag shown above there is not that flag. Now this might just be the flag of the Latverian Prison of which is where is his location. But, it might be & then that's a goof on the Artist's part.

Captain America #33: 8 issues later & Steve Rogers is still dead. Next issue we see the new Captain America. Now why they didn't wait until Issue 35, which would make 10 issue between Death & the new Guy: I don't know. Maybe Ed Brubaker has a thing for odd numbers? I don't know. SIDENOTE: I'm not sure I like the new suit, but I'm willing let it be for awhile.

New Warriors: They did it with Heroes for Hire & now they've do it with NW: They start off with art I like & then they change to art I don't like. An *added* bonus with NW is now everyone looks generic! Apparently the artist can only draw 1 type of face for Men & another type for Women. *sigh* Another book I like made less cool with not so great art.

Mighty Avengers #7: With issue the new story arc start off. With it comes an new artist (Mark Bagley) & he doesn't suck! Example:

Photobucket

That panel definitely does not suck!

Exiles has ended with Issue #100. Before it starts up/continues on as New Exiles, a book to bridge the gap was put out, Exiles: Days of Then and Now. Here's the cover which shows every member of the main team since Issue 1:

Photobucket

Stuff I noticed: Psylocke (Bottom row, second from the left) looks either dead or asleep & they just propped her up somehow. We also have Rogue (First on the second row from the left) looking down on Psylocke with disapproval. The next 2 on the row (Morph & Sage) also have interesting looks on their respected faces.

But My favorite part of it is this:

Photobucket

Magnus, you dog! You might not know this but Namora would most likely fillet you like a fish if she saw you checking out her dirty clam shells.

I did pick up New Exiles #1 & it was pretyt good. I'm still not all that sure about Chris Claremont on the book. But I'll give them a story arc to change my mind.

After some search I found the Civil War installment of this year's What If? installment (Well, they started last year but they are still coming out so I consider it to be a "This" year thing). It's pretty good, some odd art in places but nothing all that distracting.

I picked up some back issue on the faith because I like the story they are inspired by, those books are Wolverine: Days of Future Past. It's from the late 90's (like 1998). My response is What the Heck?!? I'm not sure when it's happening because if it runs concurrent to the classic story then they changed some story points that I just couldn't story thinking about. The only way I could reconcile those story points in my mind is this a "prequel" to the story. Now it's not a bad story, it's got one cool character (Midnight is her code name) & the art is fine, so is the writting. But, it's just not what I expected when I picked it up.

--------------

Here are the 2 DC Books:
1. Booster Gold #6, one of the most fun mainstream Super Hero book out there. 'Nuff Said.
2. The Teen Titans Lost Annual, it done in the style of the Titans of the 1960's with a story befitting the era (that or a conspiracy lovers comic book): Beatles looking Aliens (Yes, the music group) kidnap President Kennedy & to help them stop a war on their home planet. They leave a shape shifter in his place. The Titans travel to the planet to save the president. While they are gone, fake Kennedy travels to Dallas & we all know what happens next. After being rescued the real Kennedy goes back to the place as to not upset the Country & I guess not let them know Aliens really do exist.

The last 2 Books:
1. The Umbrella Academy: It still do really understand what's going on but I don't mind. I'm a little sad that the mini series is almost over. Hopefully they'll make a sequel.
2. The 2nd issue of Doctor Who Classics with one of the funniest panels I've read in awhile:

Love

Until next we meet, I bid thy a Stay Jazzy!

-Brian.

2 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

Regardless of if that's the wrong Latveria flag, the old one needed updating anyway. :)

Jay

Brian said...

That's what I thought too after I posted this. The "new" flag looks more regal, too.