Friday, September 28, 2007

This is Entry 12: Quick Hits #3

It's been 13 days since last posting. I've been busy. I got 2 Jobs which take a whole bunch of time, but I should maybe be back more offen. But, time is short. So this might just tunr into another Quick Hits Posts.

TV:
The Fall Season Premieres started this week. Here's some quick reviews of some stuff I saw. Chuck: Nice show. I'd watch more of it. Heroes: Yippie! Reaper: I like to see where this concept goes. Bionic Woman: Intresting. Plus, I saw this with my Mom & she said she'd watch the show, too. So, there's crossover appeal (She found Heroes too confusing). Now, I didn't get to see all the premieres from this week that I wanted to see (Training!) but the Fall roll out is not over with so I'll keep you posted.

Comics:
- DC Comics: Now I don't read Teen Titans very offen but there is one thing from the book that I do like & is the reason why I picked up both Issues 50 & 51: The Titans of Tomorrow (Future, some what evil versions of the team). The group is seen briefly in 50 & 51 starts off the storyline with them. Another I picked up 50 was it was "Extra-Sized" as it was milestone issue & had a who's who of past & present Titans creators on the book. I like the characterization of Black Canary from All-Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder & I don't know why. The characterization of Batman here: not so much. Speaking of Batman, Batman #669 is the last part in the "Club of Hero" story arc, intresting art, an intresting way of laying thing out & a good mystery. The next arc is the retunr of Ra's Al Ghul, which I may check out. I picked up 2 collected editions of books by DC, One I was planning on buying. The other I found & just couldn't pass up. First was 52, volume three, we are coming to the end of the missing year. The only thing that is throwing me off is the front cover, the artist has used 2 famous faces as referance for people. Kevin Spacey for Lex Luthor (ok, he played him in the movie) & Zack Braff for Dr. Magnus (What?). The other is Doctor 13: Architecture & Morality, I book I didn't see when it first came out but man, this book rocks on so many levels I'm not sure I can fully explain it all. I'll tell you one thing: the book has a Talking, Nazi Gorilla. What more could you want?

- Marvel Comics: Quasar #3 has a really nice cover. It's Issue 30 of Captian America & he's still dead. One of the character by products of Marvel's Civil War was Penance, formally known as Speedball. He now has his own 5 part miniseries. Pick it up, part 1 is good.

- Other Comics: From the pages of their Free Comic Book Day offering comes The Umbrella Academy. It's written by Gerard Way, lead singer of the Band My Chemical Romance but don't let that fact stop you from picking up: It's Good! It's Weird! It's Different! This is a 6 part Miniseries.

Other: Last time I wrote that I bought a Dr. Zoidberg Figure, well I bought another Doctor Figure. It wasn't just any Doctor, but The Doctor (or Doctor Who for you not in the know). Intresting sidenote: while I was buying I was told that I was buying the only Doctor Figure is the whole shipment. The only downside are his glasses (which he doesn't wear all that offen in the show) are glued to the figure's face.

That's all I have for now. With the way I'm going, I'll be back in around 2 weeks to share with more!

-Brian

4 comments:

K.J. said...

Dude, The Doctor totally wears his glasses! They're like this Doctor's scarf, only less fun to look at! By the by, congrats on obtaining the Figure. You should make a diorama where he's beating up Zoidberg by some dumpsters...

Brian said...

Yes, I know The Doctor wears glasses (I think he's one of the few that does). But, the point I was trying to write was the glasses were glued to his little plastic head, I would have liked the choice of take the glasses off if I felt like it.

K.J. said...

I was merely championing the pro-glasses stance. I personally feel that the accessory in question is easily an integral part of this Doctor's overall costume - if I myself had been lucky enough to obtain such a Figure, I would have been disappointed if he came completely without glasses. How big is he? Would it be crazy awkward to have the glasses as a separate accessory?

Brian said...

I don't mind the glasses, it just would have been nice to have the option of taking the glasses off. But, if I could: I'd probably end of lossing them. So, maybe It's a good thing they are glued on. :)

As for The Doctor's size: he's short. Or short compaired to more of Figures. If I remember to I'll post a pic of him compaired to other figures.