Sunday, September 16, 2007

This is Entry 11: Quick Hits #2

It's been 16 days & no new Blog posts from me. I hope my non existing reading (which I have named Jim) haven't deserted me for other things to waste their time on. :( Why no posts? Everytime I think about making one I either don't have something to post or I'm saving stuff some I have enough to post or I guess don't feel like it. Take your pick. I think the post will all be quickhitted.

TV: Torchwood: Good, much like what it is spun off from. Tim Gunn's Guide to Style: Good, reminds me kind of TLC's What Not to Wear but slightly classer. Mr. Gunn is in top form & doing everything we've come to love him for. More reviews (& maybe longer ones' too) as when I see more shows. The Fall season starts of this coming week with the major push next week (Most of what I want to see starts on the 24th going forword).

Comic Books: Reading Avengers: The Initiative & New Warriors nicely book end each other. I wish Mighty Avengers & Runaways came out more offen. Hero For Hire #13 has a weird cover, I hope they don't have more like this. I like the book. Super-Villians Team-Up: Modok's 11 is a really fun read. I picked up The Last Fantastic Four Story & thought "Again?" since Fantastic Four: The End was out like late last year. But, the upside of this book is it's only 1 book & not 6 like FF:TE. Plus, Stan Lee wrote it! (The story it's self is ok, sort of lack luster). From the Marvel Back Issue Bins: Marvel Premiere #57, what so special about this book? It's the 1st & maybe only American comic book appearance of Doctor Who (Tom Baker version). It's a pretty good read (it is a 2 part story so I don't have the 2nd half). The cover was done by Walt Simonson & the enterior art by Dave Gibbons. There are also some nice backup features in the issue, too. With Justice Society of America #9 starts the Kingdom Come tied in storyline, not sure if I like the idea but I'll have to wait until it's over to give my say. Buffy the Vampire Slayer #6 starts off the storyline featuring Faith, one of my Favorite characters from the series.

Other: I bought a Dr. Zoidberg (from Futurama) Action figure. Well, there are many point of articulation so I doub he'll be doing much action. He's currently standing on one of my bookcases with a few other figures. I might post a Pic of him (that might get me to post that pick of the Browies I made some time back).

Well, I think that's about it. I probably have some news later on in the week. Stay Tuned!

-Brian

No comments: