Monday, October 13, 2014

This is Entry 279: I've got Disappointment with The Doctor!

*sigh*

I’m a bit disappointed in your Doctor Who. There was something… rather something not in your latest episode that is making me disappointed in you.  At the end of Episode 7 (Kill the Moon): Clara seemed to be really, really mad at The Doctor for the events of the episode & past episodes. It’s looks like she has sworn off any further travels in the TARDIS. The preview at the end of the episode made it look like she was not going to be in next episode which would be understandable.

I assumed she wouldn’t be in an episode or two. Like The Doctor isn’t sure about human emotions but he knows enough to give her time away from the blue box. Maybe she would be seen in a few short scene without The Doctor while he is out there doing stuff but as he did then he might find out that needs her. So we get a “make up” scene a few episodes later on where they are both better people for it?

NO! It’s the very next episode  (Mummy on The Orient Express) & We have the TARDIS, The Doctor & Clara. WHA HUH? Why is she there? If I was super mad with someone I would not agree to go on an adventure in time & space with them. Why is she there? It’s no like 6, 9 months later for Clara (how long it’s been for The Doctor is unknown) & she seems to be ok with it. Or she seems to be half way ok with it all. 

Am I ok with it? NO!  You, the writers/producers of the show don’t get to skip over that part of the story. She doesn’t get to be mad in between episodes. We, the viewer, would want to see some of that. It adds to character. On both ends. Actions have consequences. We don’t get to skip over them. Yes I understand this is a TV show with many fantasy elements but some of the fantasy needs to be roots in reality for us to get a crap about it.

Just skipping over the period of time that Clara was mad at The Doctor feels cheap to me. Why have it happen if you not going to show the fall out from it? Why bring it up & then skip over it. We get the resolution of sorts at the end of the episode which glosses over the who thing. “I was mad before but now I’m not” 


WHY? Answer me this? Maybe I’m just dense but why Clara suddenly ok with it? Did her magic phone with Danny make it ok? 

No comments: