Monday, July 9, 2012

This is Entry 259: That's Amazing, Spider-Man!


Last time, I made a post regarding the forth coming Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises & why I'm not going to see it. I thought it would behove me to make a similar post regarding the Spider-Man movie & just Spider-Man in general.

What's my feeling towards the movie? A little more favorable then my feelings towards TDKR. Yeah, it's a reboot but so are the Nolan Batman films. Do we need another origin story for Spidey? No. But I don't see how they could gotten away without having some origin story elements in their movie. It's not the origin, everyone already knows it or the basics of it. It's what you do with it/how you show it that matters. People might be complaining about it being there but they'd also complain if it wasn't there. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

What's my feelings towards the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire Spider-Man trilogy: They were good movies (I even kind of liked the 3rd one). There were good parts & bad parts like most any movies. I think I read that Raimi didn't want to do a 4th movie so I reboot was bound to come around.

Full Disclosure Time: I've never been all that hot on Spider-Man, He's never been a favorite character of mine. All & all I can find him to be kind of boring at times. But that doesn't mean I haven't found things involving him that I haven't enjoyed. I have quite a number Spider-Man comics from the 80's that I really like (That might be because Black Cat, a character I really like, is in a number of them). The 1990's Spider-Man cartoon is awesome & I'll gladly put it up there on the lists of great comic book adaptation cartoons. Heck, even the current Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is half way decent (At least the few episodes I've seen have been half way decent). The Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon can be good for a laugh.

I know this isn't much of a post but I just thought I'd put my feelings down on screen. Just to get them out.

- Brian

No comments: