Friday, January 13, 2012

This is Entry 245: Ch-Ch-Changes!

Yeah. I know i haven't updated the blog all that much recently but I have news!


1st off: the day I knew was coming for some time. DC Comics has announced the cancellation of 6 books. Those books are:  Blackhawks, Hawk and Dove, Men of War, OMAC, Static Shock & the only book of the bunch that I've been reading: Mister Terrific. It's sad to see any books get cancelled but DC has announced that they be replacing these 6 books with 6 "new" books. Of the 6 there are 2 really super cool & awesome books of the bunch: World's Finest with Power Girl (yeah. She's back) & Huntress (but not Helena Bertineli, Helena Wayne is back as Huntress) as the main characters in the book. Who's the team behind the book? Paul Levitz, George Perez & Kevin Maguire. The other book that I thought was just going to be a mini series but now I know is an on going series: Earth 2. You know what that means? The Justice Society are coming back. The team behind this book is James Robinson & Nicola Scott.


The other four books are the return of Batman Incorporated (by Grant Morrison & Chris Burnham), the replacement of Men of War G.I. Combat (by J.T. Krul), The Superboy/Teen Titans spin-off The Ravagers (by Howard Mackie & Ian Churchill) & the relaunch of the "Dial for H for Hero" which is now just called Dial H (by China MiƩville and Mateus Santoluoco). Of that set I'd think about picking up the Dial H series becuase I've liked what DC has done with that concept in the past.


The 6 old series get cancelled in April & the 6 new series get launched in May.

----------

In other DC Comics news....


That might be their new logo. What was my 1st reaction after seeing it? 

WHAT ON RAO'S GREEN KRYPTON IS THAT THING?


Now this isn't a what it will be but this design has been set off to the U.S. patent office by DC. Also, it being "colorless": that was on purpose. If I understand what I read, they trademark it "colorless" they also have a patents on any color they change the logo to.

That's all I got for now. I have a nice stack of comics that I be back soon to talk about. Until then, Stay Jazzy!

- Brian

No comments: